call for artists

We are seeking visual artist submissions for On Recovery: Portraits of the Journey‘s first show.

Experiential requirements

We respectfully ask that all artists who submit have lived experience with addiction and/or recovery in themselves, a relative, friend, or clients.

We believe addiction and recovery are self defined.

At On Recovery: Portraits of the Journey, we characterize recovery as freedom from the addiction to a substance (as defined by the addict). The means this freedom we call “recovery” is personal and need not conform with any particular program, approach, or intervention. All forms of recovery are welcome, wanted, and needed for this show.

Please be willing to describe yourself and your journey with addiction and/or recovery.

Again, the addiction and/ore recovery can be in yourself, or as it relates to your relationships with others who suffer from addiction. Whether that be family, friends, partners, or–if you are service provider working with folks who have struggled with addiction–you are included and welcome in this call!

Submissions can be listed anonymously to protect the identity of the artist, if they choose. Name not need be used, and will not be used without permission.

Medium requirements

  • All pieces must be 12” x 12” x 1 ½”
  • Pieces must be able and ready to be hung on a wall
  • Materials are not limited. Painting, ink drawings, stained glass, sculpture, mixed media–as long as it fits the above sizing and hanging requirements, it is welcome!

If your piece does not meet these requirements, and you still think it is a good fit for our theme, please reach out to us and we will happily discuss options.

Pricing and donations

Prices will be set by the artists. 15% of the sold sum will be contributed to our chosen local recovery organization for their continued advocacy on behalf of addicts and people in recovery across the state. The remaining 85% will go to artists.

In person delivery

Delivery will be coordinated and drop off options will be communicated to all chosen artists before the show.

Submission deadlines & notification

All submissions must be in by January 15th, 2019. We will notify all artists who are accepted by February 1st, 2019.

Electronic submission required

Please fill out the form below. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.