On Recovery: Portraits of the Journey is seeking people in recovery from addiction/alcoholism who are willing to be photographed and interviewed.
We are seeking people of all genders, races, sexual orientations, economic classes, religious persuasions, etc., and, in particular, highlighting people with “non-traditional” recovery paths.
You may be a good participant if…
- You’re 18+. You must be able and willing to legally consent to both your photo and interview being used in this project.
- You’re in recovery, preferably with at least six months of sober time.
- You have at least some familiarity with the traditional twelve step programs, even if that is not the path you have ultimately chosen to support you in the long-term.
- You are willing to be photographed and sign a standard model release. If you prefer to maintain your anonymity/privacy, we can come up with creative ways to not show your face/exact likeness in the photos. Let’s discuss it!
- You are willing to be photographed in your home and/or a space that is meaningful and unique to you.
- You are willing to be interviewed.
- You are within an hour drive of PDX metro
There is no compensation other than the best shots provided to you (digitally) once the project is launched.
If you have additional questions, please peruse our FAQ.